Goombungee Road Race
A small but classy field attended. A nice day for racing after the poor weather the day before. Foggy drizzle in Toowoomba but fine in Goombungee didn’t help. Thanks to all the helpers, Rodney Boyce, Michelle Lingard, Bob Free, Lou Gordon, Cara, Sarah and Jessica Lindley for braving the cold. Special thanks to Doug Graham for getting up early and putting up and pulling down the signage as well as driving a lead vehicle. We really appreciate your help.
D Grade (including 1 junior Ben Lingard)
- Anthony Lingard
- Lachlan Boyce
- Phil Leydon
A good ride by Benny to keep up with the others on the last 1/4 of his one lap.
No C Grade (although Damien thought he could have it all to himself)
B Grade (7 starters)
- Peter Pellicaan
- Malcolm Krahenbring (these 2 were well clear of the field)
- Rod Lingard
- Tom Galbraith (1st race I think?)
- Michael Bacchus (3 day permit – from Chinchilla)
Peter Mouatt had a flat tyre, but only on the bottom
A Grade (7 starters)
- Karl Evans (daylight 2nd)
- Seb Scott
- Peter Collins (2nd in bunch sprint of 2)
- Dan McPherson
- Brad Caporn
- Peter Watts (flat in first lap)
Jacob just had a flat day!