Become a member
Darling Downs Cycling Club is a membership based club that welcomes cyclists of all abilities and ages, as well as non-cyclists interested in being a part of the sport.
While the club focuses on competitive events we certainly enjoy riding socially while taking in the beauty of Toowoomba and its surrounds.
Become a member
If you would like to become a member you can sign up for membership online through Cycling Australia by clicking here. If you have any queries please contact the Club Secretary via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership with Darling Downs Cycling Club offers a range of benefits including:
- Weekly social rides for riders of all abilities;
- Regular training rides for Elite and Masters competitors;
- Local club races held on the Toowoomba Criterium Circuit, or approved road circuits;
- Weekly track training for riders of all abilities held at Griffiths Park velodrome;
- Ability to purchase the club’s signature cycling kit by Champion System;
- Insurance through Cycling Australia.
- MTBA, BMXA and Triathlon Australia Members are eligible for a discount on their Cycling Australia membership. To receive your discount, first purchase your CA Membership. Then email a copy of your MTBA, BMXA or Triathlon membership card or membership receipt (which shows a minimum of 3 months remaining) to email@example.com
All Darling Downs Cycling Club Memberships are affiliated through Cycling Australia and Cycling Queensland and options are below:
- Race membership for Masters and Elite riders (from $169 – $361)
- Race membership for Junior cyclists (U9-U13 $62.50, U15-19 $181)
- Ride+ & Ride Basic membership for all non-racing riders (from $55 – $99)
- Non-Riding membership for officials and coaches ($40)
Further information on what each membership level offers can be found here.
Transferring to Darling Downs Cycling Club
If you are currently a member of another cycling club, or have been a member of another cycling club within the last 2 years, and would like to join Darling Downs Cycling Club the process is simple.
If you’re a current Member of another club you will need to fill out a transfer form and have it signed off by your previous club. You can download the form here. Then send it to our Club email address and we’ll take care of the rest. You need to do this before you renew online.
If it’s getting close to the end of the year you might like to renew by using a manual form after you transfer to ensure that your insurance doesn’t lapse on 31 December.
Once both forms are completed they can be forwarded, together with your membership payment, to the Cycling Australia membership team.
Please note that there is a $50.00 fee from Cycling Australia applicable to transfers made anywhere from 01 January to 30 September. However, this fee is not applicable if you are lodging this form at the time of renewing your membership between 01 October and 31 December.
More membership information
See the Cycling Australia website.